Thursday, September 19, 2013

For a really long time I have wanted to restart my blog, but something kept holding me back… I have always REALLY wanted to call it “Schmidts and giggles” because I think that’s hilarious and it captures my personality. However, I was really worried about how that would be taken. Great news… I don’t care anymore. My awesome husband gave me the last name, so any use or abuse of it can be traced back to his gifting ;)

On a more serious note… it is so liberating to just be who we are isn’t it? I like, no, I LOVE a good laugh. Even though, at times, it may seem bordering inappropriate. There is a certain value in pushing boundaries. More importantly, learning who you really are and accepting that (while acknowledging ‘areas of opportunity’) can be glorifying to God! I like to think He snickered at the clever new blog title. Maybe not. Maybe He is considering taking an eraser to the Book of Life, but I really doubt it.  

So, this blog is about out family… written in my own special way… loaded with laughter and a dash of scathing sarcasm… but in the end, hopefully, glorifying to the One who has blessed me so much… with all the Schmidts and giggles we have.


((I have preloaded the posts from the old blog so only read on if you care to re-read that stuff))… and since the last post was our honeymoon… we’ve moved three times, changed jobs twice and had a child since then I think we have some catching up to do!

1 comment:

  1. 1. I love the name....both hilarious and clever.
    2. I am excited to read about your sweet family.
    3. Are you 30 yet? I feel like 30's have been the decade of "guess what? I don't give a schmidt what you think". In the most Christlike way, of course :)

    ReplyDelete